Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Adventures in Colorwork - and in Gauge

So it's time to get some photos on this blog, right? I thought I'd start with a recent finished object that represents a major success, and a major failure.



This was sweater was my first large scale color work, and the first time I had worked an entire sweater on US 3s. I'm very pleased with how both of those "firsts" turned out - the color work looks good and it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be do work the entire sweater on such small needles.



On the negative side, I really got punished by not checking my gauge before starting. This finished product is at least a size or two too big. I love it so much that I will probably wear it anyway, but it is definitely a painful lesson to learn. So much work on tiny needles, just to have it fit poorly!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home