Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's the Pirate's Life for Me!

About three weeks ago I started working on Knitty’s Avast for my boyfriend. Up until now I’ve only knit socks for him, so this is a big step up, and I’m flattered that he wanted something as large (and visible) as a sweater.



I’m working in Wool-Ease so it’s not scratchy and using the color ‘Denim.’ My boyfriend’s chest measure is 43 inches, and I’m working the XL size because the large measured 44 inches and I know he won’t wear anything that’s too tight. Now I’m just praying that the XL isn’t too huge when it’s finished. Oh well, I’ve found that it’s always better to err on the side of too big rather than too small.



So far I’ve completed both sleeves and about 4 inches of the cardigan body. The cable band was simple to memorize, and a nice addition that keeps the sweater from being to plain-looking. I’m now facing miles of stockinette over 238 stitches until I can join the arms and begin the raglan decreases, so I don’t think this will be a quick knit. Still, it’s perfect for mindless TV knitting, and will be a good break from any other projects I’m working on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home