Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Backyard leaves and Clapotis




This is the Backyard Leaves scarf I mentioned a few days ago. I made it out of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, and used the color Pumpkin to make it more autumnal. As you can see, I did very little blocking on this scarf so the leaves are very three dimensional. I like the look, but it probably makes it difficult for others to tell that they are leaves at all.

I love the way this scarf came out, but Wool of the Andes is itchy, so unfortunately I don’t wear it that often.


The one scarf that I wear all the time is my sockweight version of Clapotis. I made this over a year ago with Knitpicks Memories in Pansy, and I think it has held up extremely well. The scarf is just the right weight and length for me, and I loved dropping the stitches while making it.

Sorry for the total lack of modelled photos, I live alone and have yet to figure out how to take an attractive self portrait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home